Metal swarf shredding
Even metal swarf gets short shrift at ERDWICH!
In metal-working shops utilising swarf-producing manufacturing techniques, the generated swarf is often an underestimated cost factor:
- The machine operator must drive swarf containers away instead of working productively on the machine tool
- If the swarf container becomes overfilled, swarf re-enters the conveyor system. As a result, the conveyor jams and the machine is halted.
This means your expensive machine tool cannot attain its full productive potential.
The key challenge here is therefore: PROCESS RELIABILITY
Other day-to-day challenges include:
- Overflowing swarf containers
- Excessive reductions in the market scrap price due to oil residues
- Unnecessary personnel costs for company-internal swarf movements
- Danger of injury from bulky, barbed bundles of swarf.
But there is another way. In fact, there are several proven solutions – centralised and decentralised – to this problem. ERDWICH machines and plant for swarf shredding and processing offer the highest levels of economic viability, safety and efficiency.
Benefits of the two shredding solutions:
- Greater process reliability for the machine tool
- Lower transportation costs thanks to higher bulk weight
- Higher rate of return on scrap sales
- Reclamation of coolants and lubricants
- Significantly reduced personnel costs for swarf handling
- Improved occupational safety
- ...and many other procedural benefits
With the decentralised solution, the ERDWICH swarf breaker is set up directly next to the lathe or machining centre. The swarf is removed and transported away to a central processing point either manually using a swarf cart or by means of pneumatic extraction, pumping or some other conveyor system.
With the centralised solution, the swarf is collected in swarf carts at each machining centre and then transported to the ERDWICH master processing plant. This plant performs central processing of the entire volume of swarf.
With either centralised or decentralised swarf management, Erdwich lets you handle swarf in double-quick time. To get an idea of what we’re capable of, please see our Case Studies.
Now it’s your turn: we look forward to receiving your project enquiry!