Erdwich reclaims even Pentane and CFCs with 99% purity!
Several million scrap refrigerator units are disposed of every year in Germany alone. The proportion of refrigeration units recycled by volume totals about 40% and is the most significant segment after consumer electronics.
One particular challenge in this recycling process is presented by chlorofluorocarbons such as R 11, R 12 or R 141b, which were used for decades as foaming agents for insulation materials. Since these substances damage the Earth’s ozone layer when released, they must be removed and collected securely in a closed-system pre-processing plant.
The fact that pre-processing of legacy refrigeration units always needs to be carried out in accordance with the latest technological standards means that plant operators gain a decisive advantage when working with an innovative and experienced plant manufacturer.
With ERDWICH, you are assured of the latest technologically advanced solutions – even for the most demanding and safety-conscious refrigerator recycling.
The 30 million or more units processed by ERDWICH facilities are the best evidence of our proficiency.
The benefits of an ERDWICH system:
- Fully automated handling from the moment of placement on the roller conveyor
- Automated plant control, with concurrent monitoring and documentation of all process parameters
- Full enclosure of high-noise facility components offers optimum noise abatement
- ERDWICH technology makes an inert atmosphere redundant for foamed CFC refrigeration plant – but is possible at any time if the input material changes
- Compact solutions significantly reduce spatial requirements
- The latest technological solutions are always available ASAP
- Compliant with new DIN EN 50574 rules
Whether you’re handling small-scale units or complex refrigeration plant, ERDWICH lets you keep your cool in the heat of the moment. To get an idea of what we’re capable of, please see our Case Studies.
Now it’s your turn: we look forward to receiving your project enquiry!